Stuffed vegetables are always so great in the summer. This recipe has smoked basmati rice which has a really rich flavor and is the perfect thing to use for stuffed peppers.
1 1/4C. SMOKED BASMATI RICE (DRY)*
2 1/2C. ORGANIC VEGETABLE BROTH
¼ CUP CHIVES CHOPPED
8 FRESH SPRIGS THYME
1 TBLS OLIVE OIL
¼ TSP. SEA SALT
¼ OF MED SIZED RED ONION CHOPPED
1 CELERY STALK CHOPPED
1 MEDIUM SIZED TOMATO CHOPPED
3 LARGE RED PEPPERS
1. Cook rice in rice cooker or pot adding 2 1/2c. of Vegetable Broth, until all water is absorbed.
2. Take peppers and gently cut off tops, and clean out seeds from inside, being careful not to tear sides.
3. In a bowl mix cooked rice, chives, thyme, olive oil, salt, onion, celery, and tomato
4. Spoon mixture into peppers till almost filled to the top
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min, or until peppers are soft
*You can purchase smoked basmati rice at Middle Eastern stores, I like the brand Scheherazade, it is also ok to just use normal basmati rice for this recipe