Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
Every once in a while, I just really want a Chocolate Chip Cookie, so here’s my go-to recipe. Not too hard not too soft, make them big make them small it’s all up to you. I’m a little obsessed with mini chocolate chips, so that’s’ what I use in this recipe, but feel free to use normal size.
1/2c. Distilled Coconut Oil
3/4c. Sucanat (Unrefined Sugar, You Can Use Coconut Sugar Instead If You Like)
1/2c. Garbanzo Flour
1/2c. Coconut Flour
1/2c. Arrowroot Powder
1/2tsp. Xanthum Gum
1 Flax Egg: 1TBLS. Powered Flax Meal Mix With 4 TBLS. Water, Let Sit 3 Min
1tsp. Vanilla Extract
½ Tsp. Sea Salt
3/4tsp. Baking Soda
1 C. Mini Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat Oven To 350 Degrees
2) Line A Cookie Sheet With Parchment Paper
3) Mix With A Hand Mixer Coconut Oil And Sucanat For 2 Min
4) Add Rest Of Ingredients EXCEPT Chocolate Chips, Mix Till Well Blended, If Mix Seems Too Dry Add A Little Water Tablespoon By Tablespoon
5) Mix In Chocolate Chips By Hand, Don't Forget To Eat Some Of The Dough Cause It's Vegan!
6) Roll In Balls And Place On Cookie Sheet, Flatten Balls With Hands Or Spoon, Gluten Free Cookies Tend Not To Flatten On Their Own
7) Bake For 8 Min, Till Slightly Brown
8) Devour!! Maybe With Some Flax Milk….Ummmm
STUFFED RED PEPPERS
Stuffed vegetables are always so great in the summer. This recipe has smoked basmati rice which has a really rich flavor and is the perfect thing to use for stuffed peppers.
1 1/4C. SMOKED BASMATI RICE (DRY)*
2 1/2C. ORGANIC VEGETABLE BROTH
¼ CUP CHIVES CHOPPED
8 FRESH SPRIGS THYME
1 TBLS OLIVE OIL
¼ TSP. SEA SALT
¼ OF MED SIZED RED ONION CHOPPED
1 CELERY STALK CHOPPED
1 MEDIUM SIZED TOMATO CHOPPED
3 LARGE RED PEPPERS
1. Cook rice in rice cooker or pot adding 2 1/2c. of Vegetable Broth, until all water is absorbed.
2. Take peppers and gently cut off tops, and clean out seeds from inside, being careful not to tear sides.
3. In a bowl mix cooked rice, chives, thyme, olive oil, salt, onion, celery, and tomato
4. Spoon mixture into peppers till almost filled to the top
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min, or until peppers are soft
*You can purchase smoked basmati rice at Middle Eastern stores, I like the brand Scheherazade, it is also ok to just use normal basmati rice for this recipe
Roasted Red Pepper Savory Quick Bread
Being gluten free I still crave breads, but I don’t always want something sweet, sometimes I want something to eat with a soup. So I came up with this savory bread. I thought red roasted pepper, basil and chives sounded like a good combo, and it is! This quick bread is sugar free but you wouldn’t know it. I use millet for this recipe as I wanted this to taste a little like corn bread, and I don’t eat corn and millet is usually the best substitute when you are wanting something to taste a little more coarse and corn like. Oh and it's vegan, so everyone can enjoy!
The Quick And Dirty Way To Roast A Pepper
I had to come up with my own way to roast a pepper easy and fast as everyone else seems to make it complicated
1) Set Oven To Broil, Place Pepper In Broiler
2) Broil Pepper About 3-5 Min Each Side You Want The Skin To Become Blackened
3) Remove From Oven, Place In Bowl And Cover For 10 Min, This Will Allow The Pepper To Steam
4) After You Have Let Pepper Cool To Touch, Take A Paper Towel And Place Pepper In It Gently Rub The Black Parts Off With Paper Towel, Paper Towels Make This Step Super Simple
5) Roasted Pepper Is Now Ready For Use
Preheat Oven 350 Degrees
1c. Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1c. Organic Millet Flour
1/2c. Sweet Rice Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1 1/2tsp. Xanthum Gum
Mix All The Above With Whisk (Do Not Over Mix), Mix In Ingredients Below
2 Flax Eggs (2 TBLS.Ground Flax Mix With 6tbls Water Let Sit 3 Min)
2/3c. Coconut Oil Liquid (Expeller Pressed Or Distilled)
3/4c. Almond Milk
Then Stir In Ingredients Below
1/3c. Chives Diced Finely
1/2c. Basil Chopped
1 Roasted Red Pepper De-Seeded and Chopped
Pour Into A Loaf Pan Bake For 30-40 Min, Until Lightly Browned Or Toothpick Comes Out Clean
Kiwi Ice Cream Banana Splits!!!
Vegan Kiwi Ice Cream is pretty much the best thing on the planet, I’m glad this idea came to me the other day. I fell in love with kiwi at a young age and what better thing to do but make some homemade ice cream with them? Plus it’s raw. So here it is- Banana Split It Up!!!
3 Ripe Kiwi’s (Peel Skin)
1/8c. Macadamia Nuts
1) Blend Nuts In Blender Or Food Processor Till They Are As Small As You Can Get Them
2) Add Kiwi, Agave, and Water
3) Freeze In Glass Dish In Freezer, I Like To Make Mine In My Glasslock’s
4) Stir Every 40 Minutes Till Ice Cream Is Frozen (Takes About 2 Hours)
1/8c. Almond Butter
2 TBLS. Coconut Oil Melted
2 TBLS. Agave
½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 TBLS. Water
Whisk All Together, Add Water Based On Desired Thickness Of Sauce
Assemble Banana Splits
4 Ripe Bananas
Kiwi Ice Cream
Toppings: Mini Chocolate Chips (Or Raw Cacao Chunks), Chopped Fruit Like Strawberries Or Kiwi, Carmel Sauce
Split Open Your Bananas Place On Plate, Add 3 Mini Scoops Of Ice Cream, Sprinkle Chocolate Chips And Fruit. Drizzle With Carmel Sauce
FRESH APRICOT MUFFINS
It’s summer time! Time for fresh fruit muffins, fresh apricots are a great choice to top these muffins!
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (I always use distilled, so it has no flavor) Room Temp
2/3 c. Sucanat (or granulated sugar of choice) + a little for sprinkling
2 Flax Eggs (2TBLS Ground Flax Mix With 6TBLS Water Let Sit 3 Min)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 c. Almond Milk
1 1/4 c. Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour
3/4tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Xanthum Gum
1/4tsp. Baking Soda
1/4tsp. Sea Salt
4 Fresh Ripe Apricots
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease or line 12 muffin tins. Beat Coconut oil (make sure coconut oil is at room temp) and sucanat with a hand mixer till creamy. Add flax egg, vanilla, and almond milk, beat until well blended.
2) Add flour, baking powder, xanthum gum, baking soda, and salt, blending with mixer till smooth.
3 )Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
4) Fill muffin tins ¾ full.
5) Thinly slice apricots, and place slices on top of batter and sprinkle with a little sugar
Bake muffin cupcakes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. About 20 min.
These were always my absolute favorite Girl Scout Cookies growing up, I literally ate them by the box. I have more control now but they are still irresistible.
1c. Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1/2c. Coconut Flour
1/2c. Almond Flour Or Meal
¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
2 TBLS. Distilled Coconut Oil
4TBLS. Honey (Or Agave)
1 TBLS. Vanilla Extract
5 TBLS. Flax Milk (Or Other Non Dairy Milk)
Pulse All The Above Together In A Food Processor
Roll Dough into Nickel sized balls, place on greased cookie sheet and flatten with palm of hand, make a small indent into middle of dough with finger (this will be where you place the peanut butter after). Bake 350 degrees for 4-6 min
Cool for 5 min
Next you will need
1/2c. Natural Organic Peanut Butter
2c. Dark Chocolate Chips (or semi-sweet)
Top each cookie with a tsp. of peanut butter, put in freezer for 20 min.
In a double boiler melt the 2 c. of Chocolate, take cookies out of freezer and dip into chocolate fully coating both sides well, place on parchment paper. After all the cookies are coated put back in freezer for 20 min or until set, you can store cookies in fridge or freezer.
Almond Butter Carmel Frosting
The best thing about this frosting is that is stays really stiff like a real frosting would
1/2c. Raw Almond Butter
4 Soaked Dates
4 TBLS. Liquid Distilled Coconut Oil
1 TBLS. Water
Juice Of 1/2 Medium Size Lemon
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Blend all ingredients- then use as you wish, it makes enough to frost 18 cupcakes