Picture
Roasted Red Pepper Savory Quick Bread

Being gluten free I still crave breads, but I don’t always want something sweet, sometimes I want something to eat with a soup. So I came up with this savory bread. I thought red roasted pepper, basil and chives sounded like a good combo, and it is! This quick bread is sugar free but you wouldn’t know it. I use millet  for this recipe as I wanted this to taste a little like corn bread, and I don’t eat corn and millet is usually the best substitute when you are wanting something to taste a little more coarse and corn like. Oh and it's vegan, so everyone can enjoy!

The Quick And Dirty Way To Roast A Pepper

I had to come up with my own way to roast a pepper easy and fast as everyone else seems to make it complicated

1) Set Oven To Broil, Place Pepper In Broiler
2) Broil Pepper About 3-5 Min Each Side You Want The Skin To Become Blackened
3) Remove From Oven, Place In Bowl And Cover For 10 Min, This Will Allow The Pepper To Steam
4) After You Have Let Pepper Cool To Touch, Take A Paper Towel And Place Pepper In It Gently Rub The Black Parts Off With Paper Towel, Paper Towels Make This Step Super Simple
5) Roasted Pepper Is Now Ready For Use

Savory Bread:

Preheat Oven 350 Degrees

1c. Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1c. Organic Millet Flour
1/2c. Sweet Rice Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1 1/2tsp. Xanthum Gum

Mix All The Above With Whisk (Do Not Over Mix), Mix In Ingredients Below

2 Flax Eggs (2 TBLS.Ground Flax Mix With 6tbls Water Let Sit 3 Min)
2/3c. Coconut Oil Liquid (Expeller Pressed Or Distilled)
3/4c. Almond Milk

Then Stir In Ingredients Below

1/3c. Chives Diced Finely
1/2c. Basil Chopped
1 Roasted Red Pepper De-Seeded and Chopped

Pour Into A Loaf Pan Bake For 30-40 Min, Until Lightly Browned Or Toothpick Comes Out Clean

Comments

11/14/2014 2:02am

What a great all-purpose recipe. I love quick breads and make several kinds, and consistently find that the recipes that use red roasted pepper come out particularly good. Thanks for the recipe.

10/13/2017 12:41am

This is definitely a recipe that I have grown up to since I was a child. The difference in the way my grandma makes it is that she makes it with Zucchini. Our house is really near the farmers market and zucchini is easy to buy on any days, so that is where this recipe emerged from. My grandma passed down the recipe to me and my sister and we have made this for our families ever since. I haven’t tried out a different version, especially the gluten-free version. I am excited to try this out.

11/19/2017 11:35pm

My mom will definitely love this. She is fond of having and making this kind of dishes and I guarantee that when I show this to her, our weekend snack will be this. It is an easy recipe and I guess that it will not be a hard work for her. I also read the ingredients and those are easy to find and I think some of them has a stock in our house. I am so happy to see this and I will share this to my mom immediately. The ingredients are not just healthy but it looks delicious at the same time, too.

08/20/2016 12:26am

Roasted Red Pepper Savory Quick Bread is very delicious and easy to make. We also make it our home. All the ingredients of this bread is very healthy and we can buy these in market very easily.

01/14/2017 10:58am

That is a cool idea! I would like to be that creative too! I hope that you'll add something here.

11/16/2017 6:57pm

Wow! Your blogs make me crave for sweets. My niece loves to bake and I will show her this recipe in order for her to make this one for me. The ingredients are not that hard to find and an easy one process. It is such a great all-purpose recipes and an easy one. On the other hand, it just don’t look delicious but healthy at the same time. This is a good idea for near Christmas season, too. Thank you for sharing this one!